Are you a voluntary, community or not for profit organisation in Newcastle? By joining Newcastle CVS your organisation will qualify for the many benefits and discounts that are exclusive to Newcastle CVS members. As well as keeping up to date with information for and about the voluntary and community sector you will have the opportunity to be fully involved with our work and will be able to have a say in how Newcastle CVS is run.
Having a large membership allows Newcastle CVS to reflect and represent the views of its membership to key strategic partners and influence their thinking and decisions.
Over 500 organisations in Newcastle are already members; see the Newcastle VCS online database to find out who they are. We will also promote your organisation by including you in the new members list in our weekly email bulletin, NCVS e-inform, and our quarterly newsletter, inform.
Join us and help strengthen the voice of the voluntary and community sector in Newcastle
Benefits and discounts
Our current membership offer includes
- Free funding information, advice and guidance
- Free organisation support and development including help with running your organisation, policies and charity registration
- Free procurement and commissioning support
- Free weekly email bulletin, ncvs e-inform and printed copy of our quarterly newsletter, inform
- Free entry on the Newcastle VCS online database to help you promote your work
- Free use of Your Space to use our deskspace, computers and resources to do your work (some charges for photocopying use)
- Access to Ellison Services, our community accounting service
- Access to networks, forums and meetings
- Discount on our training programme and events for the VCS in Newcastle
- Discount on our mailing insert service
- As a full NCVS member, you will also have voting rights
and much more.
We are always working to improve our membership offer to you. Please contact us if you have any suggestions by
or phone 0191 235 7037.
How to join
To join Newcastle CVS your organisation needs to be a voluntary, community or not for profit organisation, including social enterprises, working in Newcastle. Please fill in and return the membership form.
Your organisation must meet the following criteria
- be willing to support the aims, values and work of Newcastle CVS
- be a self-governing body of people who have joined together voluntarily to take action for the benefit of the community, and not for financial gain
- managed by, and/or ultimately accountable to, a group of people for no economic or similar advantage
- provide activities benefiting people in or around Newcastle
- have a governing document (for example constitution, memorandum and articles of association, trust deed). You do not need to be a registered charity
- be committed to supporting equality and diversity and will not knowingly discriminate against anyone
- must not be undertaking and/or affiliated to party political activity
If you're not sure whether your organisation qualifies, please contact us and we’ll let you know.